Here are some more resources to support at home learning:
- Yale + Scholastic Collaborative – Resources to Foster Resilience:
- 5 Ways That Literacy Can Help Build Resilience - Using Literacy to Boost Your Child’s Health and Resilience.
- Family Help Desk – Families and educators who have non-emergency questions about how to support their children during this crisis and beyond can email the experts at the Yale Child Study Center and Scholastic
- First Aid for Feelings - A workbook to help kids cope during the COVID-19 pandemic. FREE, downloadable workbook. Available in both English & Spanish.
- FREE Webinars:
- Equity: We’ve Started the Work, So Why Aren’t We There Yet? - Thursday, April 23, 2020 @ 2:00 pm Pacific Time/3:00pm Alaska Time
- 7 Strengths for These Challenging Times: Drawing on Social-Emotional Learning and Stories to Sustain Powerful Learning Communities. Wednesday, April 29th. 2:00pm Pacific Time/1:00pm Alaska Time
- Dr. Karen Mapp, author of the Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships, will be hosting a 5-part FREE webinar series to help educators build their relationships with families, which is particularly important as everyone comes together to support children during this pandemic. Please see the attached document for details and registration.
- Professional Learning - new live webinars to help you pivot to remote teaching and learning. These webinars, for teachers and leaders, include innovative ideas and concrete strategies to support and enhance remote teaching and learning.
- Teacher Resources - the attached document details additional supplemental resources that can support at home learning including activities, puzzles, weekly packets, journals, and educational games to help students review and practice essential skills.
- Grab and Go Book Packs - Available in English or Spanish. Can be shipped to school or to home.
Stay safe and healthy!