Application for Scholarship Deadline March 26
Friday, February 28, 2020
29th Annual June Nelson Scholarship Competition
Win a $1,500 Scholarship
***Application deadline: midnight on Monday, March 16, 2020***
The Association of Alaska School Boards is proud to announce its 29th Annual Scholarship Award Competition. The June Nelson Memorial Scholarship is named in honor of the late June Nelson, longtime school board member from Kotzebue. June contributed much to the cause of education and will be remembered for her outstanding service on behalf of Alaska's children.
This 2019-2020 school year, AASB will award fifteen graduating seniors each with a $1,500 scholarship to apply toward their post-secondary education. The scholarship may be applied toward the student's choice of a business, trade, or a college institution.
Superintendents, please be sure to send this e-mail to all school counselors and principals in your district.
Scholarship details can be found here.
CLICK HERE to fill out the ONLINE application form. At the bottom of the page, click on 'Next' to begin the application fillable form.
Please note: all applications will be submitted online only.
IMPORTANT: Please have the following information handy before you begin:
If you have any questions or difficulties, please call us at 907-463-1660 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Scholarship info is also posted on our website at www.aasb.org.
- Your name and school information
- Response to the essay question - up to 750 words in length (attach PDF)
- Student involvement and activities history
- Copy of high school transcript with cumulative GPA (attach PDF)
- Acceptance letter from a business, trade or college institution. (attach PDF)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation - one from a community member, one from a teacher. (attach PDF)
- SAT or ACT Scores (attach PDF)
|Follow AASB on Social Media